SPL Worldgroup Overview
Portal for Insurance Broker
Arthur J. Gallagher & Co, one of the worlds largest insurance brokers and on track to have $1 billion in revenues this year (2002), has decided to address the communication needs of its employees and customers through a portal.
For the months of March through July, I consulted with AJG to help its team of developers efficiently excel in its portal development. After helping the other developers become familiar with the Plumtree environment, I focused on building a suite of Plumtree gadgets for web content management and content publishing. This system included:
- support for multiple authors
- an article approval process
- email alerts for approvers
- article versioning and rollbacks
- a template system
- and of course, more
Major elements of the AJG deployment include:
- Reworking the structure and functionality of the Plumtree user interface, for example, extending the gadget registration to customize features and rendering of gadgets.
- Creating a security framework that greatly extends Plumtree's built-in features to allow more granularity of user rights while reducing user administration
- Creating web-based content editing and approval processes
- Creating collaborative workspace for employees and clients to more easily and quickly move through the forms and information tied to the insurance industry